Earlwood Orthodontics is always excited to meet patients on their first visit.
Your first visit to our practice will begin with you explaining your own concerns and objectives from treatment. This visit is instrumental in giving us insight into your orthodontic needs. We will discuss what your dentist seeks and we will then do an orthodontic assessment with those two points of view in mind. We know your time is valuable so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include x-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment.
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
- Since treatment plans and payments options may be discussed, we ask that a parent or guardian be present for the first visit.
We encourage you to ask questions as well.